Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Keto Bounty Bars

Keto Bounty BarsBounty bars are one of my favorites! Keto approved, low carb bounty bars are insanely delicious and healthy for your ketogenic lifestyle!

Keto Bounty Bars

I have always loved bounty bars, or as some refer to them, mounds bars. I am a huge fan of coconut and chocolate together and that is what makes these super yummy! I wanted to try making a keto version that is low in sugar, to see if it would be just as good. This recipe is low carb, keto approved and definitely to die for!

These are really easy to make, my daughter actually made these for me because she loves to bake. She is thirteen and has also been trying to limit her sugar intake and eat healthier. Healthy habits are so much easier to follow when you learn them young. I have talked to so many people that tell me they grew up eating unhealthy food and once you try to change that as an adult is much harder.  For that reason, I am trying to incorporate a lot of healthy eating in our house.

These are much like a regular recipe for bounty bars, with a few simple tweaks to make them low carb and keto friendly. They have 4 grams of net carbs per bar. I use a product called Swerve to make these. I use Swerve in a lot of my ketogenic baking. It is an all natural, zero calorie, zero sugar sweetener. It’s easy and easy to use and bake with and has no after taste. It does not effect blood sugar or insulin levels so a lot of diabetics are using it as well. I purchase it in my local grocery store in the natural food section.

When you make these you don’t have to toast the coconut but I did because I find it gives much better flavor. You can also add small pieces of nuts if you wish.

I recommend you keep these int he fridge or freezer after making to make sure they stay formed and don’t melt.

If you are looking for more Keto approved desserts, check out Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies

 

http://ift.tt/2msRjhP

No comments:

Post a Comment